Monday, January 9, 2012

My Mission

 "And all the things that I said I'd do, like make the world brand new and take the time for you. But I just got lost and stepped right through the dark and the world spins madly on."

The song "World Spins Madly On" by the Weepies is one of my favorites actually. But it's not simply about the pain of broken relationships and how we must move on after lost loves; I believe that this line speaks about far more than just relationships. Everyone begins life with the best goals, dreams, and intentions, but somehow as we set out on the journey that is life, I believe we all get lost in one way or another and are left to wonder how we never knew how many ways there really were to lose yourself. It is so easy to wake up and realize that the best times are only memories to be recalled and that you are someone and somewhere you never intended to be. But I say that it doesn't have to be that way. Through this blog, I hope to show the world that happiness is self-determined and strongly connected to the way we treat each other. My mission and desire is that all of us can examine the mental, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual parts of our lives so that we can become the person we meant to be. And hopefully, as we all begin to change the way we see the world and those that are in it, we will find our way back to before when we believed not only in ourselves but that we could make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment